For us, interpreters, Globish means that we are often interpreting from Globish into our working languages.
A relaxed corner of cyberspace where I share insights, tips, and resources about international engagement, diplomatic interpreting, languages, Latin America, the United Kingdom, and communicating across cultures.
Enjoy & share away!
Are You Fluent In Body Spanish?
Verbal expression accounts for only 7% of what is communicated. What are you saying with the remaining 93%? Here is Latin America’s 93%.
3 Tips to Speak in Public via Interpreters
Interpreters are here for you. Our job is to help you get your message across. So, here are three practical tips to keep in mind.
The Lunch Menu & LatAm Diplomats
Sometimes it is easier to translate a meeting about infrastructure and digital modelling than it is a simple lunch menu.
Are You Really Sure You Speak English?
The English language free-spirited nature does not mean it has no rules or unspoken norms of accepted “behaviour”.
Yup, I Do Indeed Speak 22 Languages
Spanish is the de facto lingua franca of Latin America, spoken in 19 of its 33 countries and by over 400 million people in LatAm alone.